Business Development Manager (BDM)
This role will target both new and active client accounts with the objective of identifying, engaging and converting new sales opportunities. A consultative, challenger selling approach will be required as the BDM engages with decision makers. The role will require outbound calling across accounts, both to pitch MarketOne to new decision makers, as well as to profile key accounts and develop opportunities sourced from the Market Development team.
The BDM will be accountable for presenting “About MarketOne” content and be able to identify when to escalate a conversation to a Subject Matter Expert (SME)/Customer Success Strategist (CSS) role based on a specific and viable customer need. They will provide pricing models and be expected to negotiate terms and customize scope with support from MarketOne’s Client Services and Business Development Leadership. The BDM will serve as a modern marketing coach and trusted advisor to MarketOne clients, in collaboration with MarketOne’s consultants and delivery teams.
The target metrics for this role are revenue growth from within the active client base as well as from new prospects.
The role: day-to-day activities
- Achieve/exceed quarterly targets
- Serve as a modern marketing coach and trusted advisor to your clients, in collaboration with MarketOne’s consultants and delivery teams
- Plan and prioritize sales activities which includes but not limited to; pro-active prospecting, targeted AMB sales campaigns, nurturing and converting leads, social media engagement, and generating qualified customer meetings towards achieving agreed business goals
- Collaborate with MarketOne team members and subject matter experts to close deals
- Profile prospects for qualified opportunities into assigned Key and Tier 1-3 New Prospect Accounts
- Source meetings with buyers at New Prospect and Active Customers
- Deliver presentations focused on “About MarketOne” and “MarketOne Core Value Propositions & Deliverables” to prospective buyers
- Use analytical and challenger selling skills to understand the customer, their business, requirements and create a value proposition based on their needs
- Manage Request for Proposal (RFP) responses on assigned New Prospect Accounts
- Own the creation of SOWs and coordinate with MarketOne subject matter experts for input
- Ensure revenue forecast for named accounts is maintained in MarketOne’s CRM system (NetSuite) and all KPIs are logged (e.g. meaningful interactions logged as ‘Events’)
- Build relationships with Martech partners (AEs and CSMs) to help generate business
- Travel to see clients and prospects (average 1-3 days per month)
- Conduct oneself in a highly professional and ethical manner, adopting behaviors that enhance the reputation of the company.
What you need to succeed
- Candidates should display a good understand of B2B sales processes and demonstrate an aptitude for sales
- Understanding of the end to end buyer lifecycle management from prospecting to closing
- Ability to call within all levels of an organization, identifying decision makers, and nurturing long-term customer relationships by establishing trust and credibility
- Highly motivated and professional with excellent communication skills, confident and goal-oriented
- Ability to build pipeline through individual prospecting, lead qualifying, and cross-selling/up-selling into our customer base as well as targeting new logos
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and a desire to operate as part of a team
- Ability to challenge the status quo to help drive innovation across the business
- BA/BS or Master’s degree in a related field
- 5-10+ years selling to B2B buyers in marketing, sales, and/or IT management – preferably deals $200k-1mm+
- Proven experience exceeding assigned sales quotas
- Knowledge of marketing and sales technology is a plus (SFA, MarTech and AdTech)
- Good understanding of B2B marketing and demand generation
- Experience with NetSuite CRM, Eloqua MAP and Marketo MAP is a plus