Business Development Representative
It’s time to change the world of marketing – and we’re looking at you
We’re working with some of the world’s most dynamic companies, transforming the way they do marketing from an enabler to a driver of business success. We’re helping organizations to evolve from outdated outbound marketing to a fully measurable inbound engine. And when we say measurement, we mean the real business kind (not the fluffy old school marketing kind).
Who we’re looking for right now
This role will align to being the middle funnel account management orchestrator for both net new and existing client accounts requiring targeted account development resources. The objective is to source, nurture and convert to revenue on all prospect accounts assigned to them.
This role is tasked with outbound calling and prospecting at New Prospect Accounts to secure meetings and qualified opportunities. The role will also require profiling key accounts and nurturing New Prospect Accounts being qualified out of the Market Development team.
They will be accountable for presenting “About MarketOne” content and be able to identify when to escalate a conversation to an Subject Matter Expert (SME)/Customer Success Strategist (CSS) role based on a specific and viable customer need. They will provide pricing models, and they will be expected to negotiate pricing and customise scope with support from AD/Director of Business Development. The BDR will serve as a modern marketing coach and trusted advisor to MarketOne clients, in collaboration with MarketOne’s consultants and delivery teams.
The KPIs for this role are revenue growth from within the active client base and from net new prospects. This role reports to the Director of Business Development.
The role: day-to-day activities
- Achieve/exceed quarterly targets
- Plan and prioritize sales activities which includes but not limited to; pro-active prospecting, targeted AMB sales campaigns, nurturing and converting leads, social media engagement, and generating qualified customer meetings towards achieving agreed business goals
- Profile prospects for qualified opportunities into assigned Key and Tier 1-3 New Prospect Accounts across AMER and EMEA regions
- Making 40-80 outbound cold calls per day, in addition to managing inbound requests
- Nurture and convert assigned New Prospect Accounts that have expressed known interest and/or need for MarketOne services
- Source meetings with new buyers at Active Installed Accounts (under the assigned CSS direction)
- Deliver presentations focused on “About MarketOne” and “MarketOne Core Value Propositions & Deliverables” to prospective buyers
- Use analytical and challenger selling skills to understand the customer, their business, requirements and create a value proposition based on their needs
- Conduct oneself in a highly professional and ethical manner, adopting behaviors that enhance the reputation of the company. Act with integrity at all times
- Manage Request for Proposal (RFP) responses on assigned New Prospect Accounts
- Assist the CSS team in the preparation and follow-up of Statements of Work (“SOWs”) for New Account opportunities.
- Ensure all KPI/bonus based activities are logged in MarketOne’s CRM system (NetSuite), primarily “Events” based on scheduled meetings that a CSS attends as part of the lead qualification process.
- The BDR team will be asked to support New Account deals (primarily) by obtaining client-signed SOWs and purchase orders, submit them into the CRM system along with a Sales Order which serves as the trigger for Delivery Management to initiate work on the SOW, and for Finance to submit invoices.
What you need to succeed
- Candidates should display a good understand of B2B sales process and show an aptitude for sales
- Understanding of the end to end buyer lifecycle management from prospecting to closing
- Ability to call within all levels of an organization, identifying decision makers, and nurturing long-term customer relationships by establishing trust and credibility
- Highly motivated and professional with excellent communication skills, confident and goal-oriented
- Ability to build pipeline through individual prospecting, lead qualifying, and cross-selling/up-selling into our customer base as well as targeting new logos
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility with a desire to operate as part of a team
- Ability to challenge the status quo to help drive innovation across the business
- Completed a university BA Degree or Masters in a related field
- Requires 2-10 years of sales experience, any B2B selling is a plus
- Experience of closing deals and exceeding assigned sales quotas is a plus, in addition to pure ‘hunting’ activities
- Knowledge of marketing and sales technology is a plus (SFA, MarTech and AdTech)
- Good understanding of B2B marketing and demand generation
- Experience with NetSuite CRM, Eloqua MAP and Marketo MAP is a plus