MarketOne is looking to hire a management accountant to help support our West London office in Chiswick where we have approximately 70 staff.
As the Finance Manager, you will be working with the senior management team in the London office and will report into the Corporate Controller in our US office in Boston. You will be responsible for the timely and accurate management of the financial statements within the London office and will supervise one direct report; the Assistant Accountant.
- Review financial statements, investigate unusual variances and prepare monthly management accounts with commentary
- Reconcile VAT Control account and prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns to HMRC
- Submit quarterly EC sales list to HMRC
- Monitor cash flow and prepare monthly cash flow forecast
- Post bank items and update multi-currency bank reconciliations.
- Monitor currency exchange rates and convert currency bank balances as required
- Maintain fixed asset registers. Oversee calculation and posting of monthly depreciation
- Supervise purchase ledger function to ensure timely payment to suppliers and contractors
- Oversee preparation of sales ledger invoices and monitor credit control process to ensure invoices are paid on time
- Review allocation and posting of monthly revenue recognition
- Reconcile Deferred Revenue balances and investigate any unusual items
- Advise and assist Programme Managers with any programme budget related queries
- Calculate sales commissions and bonuses for approval and inclusion in monthly payroll
- Liaise with management and HR to obtain monthly payroll changes for staff.
- Submit data to payroll bureau, review of payroll reports and approve monthly BACS submission
- Post of monthly salary journals and upload auto enrolment pension file
- Raise and post recharge invoices between companies and liaise with Boston, Barbados and APAC offices regarding any intercompany queries
- Prepare documentation and reports for year end audit by external accountants
- Liaise with auditors and respond to queries and requests for further information
- Analyse employee expenses and prepare information for annual P11D returns
- Ensure accurate posting of monthly accruals and prepayments
- Supervise accounts assistant and delegate work as and when required
- Deal with ad hoc office management issues, staff queries and projects
- Day to day management of one direct report: Assistant Accountant
- Possess strong numerical/analytical skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi task and work independently without close supervision
- In-depth knowledge of VAT and PAYE
- IT literate
- Logical thought process
- Pay good attention to detail
- Be flexible and well organized
- Minimum 5 years general ledger accountant experience
- CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- NetSuite/OpenAir general ledger experience preferred
What our employees have to say
‘MarketOne is a dynamic, authentic and fun place to work at. It is a very multicultural environment, people are friendly and because most of us come from different parts of the world, I felt really welcomed and at home right from the beginning. My colleagues are extremely helpful and willing to share their knowledge and very encouraging. We have many opportunities build relationships with our colleagues at social events, building bridges within the teams. I highly recommend MarketOne as an excellent place to work at and pursue a career in the marketing and IT industry.’ – Andrea
Who we are
MarketOne is a global demand generation agency. We create and nurture leads, retain and grow customers, and give clients the confidence their marketing investments will produce quantifiable returns.
We excel in sectors where multiple decision makers evaluate complex products over a long buying cycle. Using a blend of insight and automation, we connect conversations across channels and over time. Each successive interaction – whether online or over the phone – informs the next. Customers get a better experience. More qualified opportunities are passed to sales.
To do this repeatedly at scale, we architect and operate an always-on, mid-funnel machine. Aligning siloed teams, unifying disparate data, taming technology and supplementing scarce skills.
By consolidating globally with MarketOne, clients benefit from a level of cohesion and visibility impossible with separate suppliers. Duplication and doubt are replaced by the certainty of a consistent approach and predictable outcomes.
Founded in Boston in 1998, MarketOne employs over 400 staff across 8 offices spanning North America, Europe and Asia.Apply now