MAP Architect – Marketo /Salesforce Marketing Cloud
It’s time to change the world of marketing – and we’re looking at you
We’re making the fortunes of some of the world’s most dynamic companies. We’re transforming marketing from an enabler to a driver of business success. We’re helping companies to evolve from outmoded outbound marketing to a fully measurable inbound engine. And when we say measurement, we mean the real business kind (not the fluffy old school marketing kind).
What we believe
We believe prospects should be engaged the way we’d like to be ourselves. That means two-way conversations rather than one-way communication, using content rather than ‘concepts’ and valuing usefulness over entertainment. We believe that creativity is a means to an end (not the end in itself). And the same goes for strategy.
Who we’re looking for right now
A Platforms Architect is a deep level SME in one or more MAPs in the digital marketing space. This role will require deep level expertise and ultimately, a platforms engineer which can solution for business problems utilizing technology. Specifically, the spot we are looking to fill is one where expertise in Marketo or Salesforce Marketing Cloud is required.
The Platforms Architect is a member of the Technology Services organization, reporting to either a Technology Strategist or directly to the Director of Technology Services. They will be a key player within Technology Services, managing our existing client account relationships and contributing to new business pitches in partnership with the account team and/or Technology Strategist.
With a focus on performance-driven marketing, this is a challenging role that involves multi-platform scenarios and will require engineering beyond just the MAP alone. We are constantly dealing with large technology stacks involving Data warehouses, Web analytics, CMS, MAP, CRM, ERP etc. While the focus of this role is on the MAP, the architect needs to be comfortable operating in a multi-system environment with deep integrations.
Our clients are typically in the information technology, telecoms, business services, manufacturing, and finance sectors so a genuine appetite for the complexities of business-to-business marketing is essential.
We offer a working environment that combines the opportunity and energy of a start-up with the security and resources of an established global company. You’ll be working in a small team, directly with technology delivery resources (Application Engineers and Developers), teamed with our Clients Services team manage the account relationship and project delivery.
MarketOne is a dynamic, fast paced organization and grants you the opportunity to wear a variety of hats. You will need to be comfortable in a variety of customer engagements and be highly self-managed.
What the role involves
- A user who goes beyond basic configuration and platform administration. The Platforms Architect shall be able to push the platform envelope and have experience and desire in building solutions which stretch beyond the standard out of box functions of a particular MAP.
- The Architect shall be able to design, implement and support non-standard solutions for complex multi-platform environments. The Architect needs to be familiar with:
- Asset configuration (Email/Form/Landing Page/Cloud Marketplace etc)
- Platform Administration on 1 or more MAP’s
- Data Management (Complex Data Modelling, Multi-platform integrations, 3rd party db enrichment etc)
- Platform Deployment & Migrations (CRM, MAP etc)
- Net new deployments of MAPs into existing client infrastructure
- Complex CRM Integrations
- External database integrations
- Familiarity with data enrichment tools (D&B, Demandbase etc)
- The Architect will create and design bespoke solutions which combine multiple functions, tables and capabilities within an established business systems architecture where multiple systems and data sources are all part of the technology stack.
- The role of a Platform Architect is one which requires the user to think beyond the typical standard deployment of a solution and be able to design a solution that solves for typical gaps found in current Best Practice frameworks. This role is 25% strategic and 75% technical deployment—the Architect should not only be able to design, but also implement the agreed upon solution. The development of a custom tailored solution may be developed in partnership of a Tech Strategist based on account need.
- Serve as a dedicated account resource – Understanding and maintaining the technology stack belonging to an account.
- Be familiar with key industry best practices around:
- Lead Scoring
- Lead Management
- Data Management
- Web Tracking
The Skills and Tasks you will be doing
- Work with the Account Team to assess feasibility, assist with the creation of project scope/costing, identify project milestones
- Work with Account Team to create job tickets and delegate to appropriate resources
- Create robust, client-facing QA documentation and test scenarios
- Be able to travel to client site as needed and work in partnership with a Tech Strategist to deliver workshops, QBRs, RFPs etc
- Handle client escalations when necessary, and be comfortable to work with client technical resources when delivering multi-platform solutions with other SME’s and Partner Agencies
- Proactively monitor platform and deliver monthly platform health reports to internal team & client
- Create detailed spec documentation for solution builds and other hand offs to internal teams, clients and other vendors
- Be comfortable with some travel and periodic work during off-peak hours in support of global accounts and/or escalations, project timelines as needed. 10 to 15% travel.
- Is self-managed and able to escalate issues internally when they arise as appropriate