Account Executive, Business Development
It’s time to change the world of marketing – and we’re looking at you
We’re working with some of the world’s most dynamic companies, transforming the way they do marketing from an enabler to a driver of business success. We’re helping organisations to evolve from outdated outbound marketing to a fully measurable inbound engine. And when we say measurement, we mean the real business kind (not the fluffy old school marketing kind).
Who we’re looking for right now
This role will align with being the middle funnel account management orchestrator for both net new and existing client accounts requiring targeted account development resources. The objective is to move known aware and interested buyers down into a conversion stage partnering with Client Services.
This role with being tasked with profiling key accounts and nurturing net new accounts being qualified out of the Market Development team, although there will also be a requirement for pure outbound calling and prospecting at net new accounts that have not been qualified through the Market Development team.
They will be accountable for presenting “About MarketOne” content and be able to identify when to escalate a conversation to a Subject Matter Expert (SME)/Account Director (AD) role based on a specific and viable customer need.
They will provide pricing models, and they will be expected to negotiate pricing and customise scope with support from AD/Director of EMEA Sales. The Account Executive will serve as a modern marketing coach and trusted advisor to MarketOne clients, in collaboration with MarketOne’s consultants and delivery teams.
The KPIs for this role is revenue growth from within the active client base and from net new prospects. This role reports to the Director of EMEA Sales.
The role: day-to-day activities
- Achieve/exceed quarterly sales quota
- Plan and prioritise sales activities which include but not limited to; pro-active prospecting, targeted AMB sales campaigns, nurturing and converting leads, social media engagement, and generating qualified customer meetings towards achieving agreed business goals
- Present, liaise and communicate both internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the sales process
- Deliver virtual or face-to-face presentations and demonstrations and coordinate internal resources as needed. Occasional European travel may be required.
- Plan and manage a personal territory, business and customers according to an agreed strategy in collaboration with the Client Services team and Director of EMEA Sales
- Use analytical and challenger selling skills to understand the customer, their business, requirements and create a value proposition based on their needs
- Generate and manage a sales pipeline of new business which consistently delivers above expectation results
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate ABM value propositions, relevant internal engagements, and ethical sales methods to optimise the quality of, customer engagement and experience, therefore, accelerating business growth
- Conduct oneself in a highly professional and ethical manner, adopting behaviours that enhance the reputation of the company. Act with integrity at all times
- Gather and record customer feedback across all stages of the buying lifecycle into the CRM system to enable an analytics-driven sales and marketing model
What you need to succeed
- Candidates should have a track record of successful business to business sales experience
- Understanding of the end to end buyer lifecycle management from prospecting to closing
- Ability to call within all levels of an organisation, identifying decision makers, and nurturing long-term customer relationships by establishing trust and credibility
- Highly motivated and professional with excellent communication skills, confident and goal-oriented
- Ability to build pipeline through individual prospecting, lead qualifying, and cross-selling/up-selling into our customer base as well as targeting new logos
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility with a desire to operate as part of a team
- Ability to challenge the status quo to help drive innovation across the business
- Completed a university BA Degree or Masters in a related field
- Requires 3+ years of B2B sales, preferably selling to marketing, sales, and/or IT management. Experience of selling deals $100k-1mm+ is a plus
- Knowledge of marketing and sales technology is a plus (SFA, MarTech, and AdTech)
- Extensive understanding of B2B marketing and demand generation
- Experience with NetSuite CRM, Eloqua MAP, and Marketo MAP is a plus