MarketOne is looking to hire a Regional Controller to help support our APEJ operations. The position is located in Bangalore India.
MarketOne is seeking an experienced and talented professional who has the vision to further develop and strengthen the global accounting function in order to support the region’s expected future growth and the passion and energy to roll-up your sleeves to get the job done.
As the Regional Controller, you will be working with MarketOne’s (M1) global senior management team and will report into the Corporate Controller in our US office in Boston.
- Own and manage the regional monthly close, improving the efficiency of operational and accounting workflows.
- Supervise one direct report; M1India Finance Manager and coordinate with the Finance Managers in M1Australia/Singapore and M1Japan.
- Review M1India financial statements and M1Singapore consolidated financial statements, investigate unusual variances and prepare monthly management accounts with commentary
- Monitor global cash flow and analyze monthly global cash flow forecast with recommendations to senior management on intercompany cash movements / settlements.
- Develop and monitor M1India intercompany billing rates to ensure compliance with Indian tax regulations
- Develop and monitor global intercompany billing rates to ensure appropriate revenue in each entity on a global basis.
- Ensure timely and accurate filing of all APEJ and M1J filings, tax returns, financial statements etc.
- Prepare, with Operations, the monthly APEJ and M1Japan income statement reforecast
- Prepare documentation and reports for year end audit by external accountants
- Liaise with auditors and respond to queries and requests for further information
- Supervise M1India Finance Manager and delegate work as and when required
- Deal with ad hoc office management issues, staff queries and projects
- Drive productivity, continuous process improvement, and transformation in the accounting function to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness and improved service to customers, vendors and employees.
- Document and implement global accounting process and policies.
- Liase with Operations in order to ensure efficiencies across departments
- Drive the annual budget process
- Monitor technical accounting matters, keep abreast of new pronouncements and guidance, and lead the implementation of new accounting requirements.
- Maintain strong, positive working relationships with the external auditors, bankers and insurance providers.
- Continuously evaluate, mentor, coach and develop the accounting and finance associate(s) in a positive manner to achieve the highest standards of performance, both technically and in their ability to work in cross functional business partnership to deliver meaningful results.
- Possess strong numerical/analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with the employees at all levels.
- Ability to multi task and work independently without close supervision
- In-depth knowledge of GST and payroll taxes
- IT literate
- Logical thought process
- Pay good attention to detail
- Be flexible and well organized
- Minimum 15 years progressive accounting and managerial experience
- Audit and managerial experience with a Big 4 or other national or large regional accounting firm.
- Experience in Accounting policy and process development and implementation.
- International experience