Solution Engineer – Eloqua or Marketo
The Solution Engineer at MarketOne is the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for one or more marketing automation platforms, e.g. Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, Aprimo, etc. We are looking for experienced power users that have been working in the B2B sales and marketing space taking business requirements and turning them into elegant, scalable, modular solutions within a tool like Eloqua.
The Solutions Engineer is a member of the Production Services team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Production Services. In this key role the Solution Engineer will oversee build and design work for campaign and other Production related work. This could involve iterative scoping and design of campaigns, quality assurance of what has been built by the team, or senior level troubleshooting and investigation among other things.
After our Tech Services team completes initial design of programs related to a marketing automation platform, the Solutions Engineer will take the lead in coordinating with them to get these designs built by the Production Team. The Solutions Engineer can then help determine how the Production team will iterate these designs for future builds.
The Solution Engineer is a key player in making sure tasks are funnelled to the correct resource within Production. At times this will require training of more junior team members so that they can be responsible for the task going forward.
The role: day-to-day activities
- As the Solution Engineer you will partner with an Account Manager to execute and oversee developers in the day-to-day delivery of marketing automation services.
- Within larger Enterprise accounts you will work under the oversight of one of our Solution Architects to build advanced marketing automation programs and support day-to-day marketing automation services across all or within a specific business unit.
- You will work with our Client Services team to learn to support them in the development of project plans, scope and estimates as they relate to production tasks.
- You may be consulted by the Solutions Architect to produce client status reports and input on account resourcing plans
- You will be expected to understand how Web and Application development teams can be utilized within the context of marketing automation –Web/Application developer skills are not always a primary part of this role but it is a plus.
- You are expected to have domain experience within one or more marketing automation platforms specific to the deployment and testing of marketing campaigns, lead management processes, data integration and reporting tools.
- You are expected to understand how to manage and maintain (Super User) the marketing workflows and configurations within enterprise platforms like Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, etc.
- You will be exposed to discussions with clients on how to utilize marketing automation platforms to drive user adoption, customer experience designs, customer insights, etc.
- Creation of presentation, pitch documents and project overview/update materials based on MarketOne established frameworks.
- Perform and coach others on the advanced functions within marketing automation.
- Coach the client services team on technology impacts and feasibility so that they can nurture the relationship without overselling the technology capabilities of the platforms we service.
- Mentor and/or manage marketing automation Developers
- Support Solutions Architects by managing the technical build of projects and overseeing the developers in the build
The ideal candidate
We want someone who’s energetic and enthusiastic. Able to multi-task and work independently.
We work a lot by email, Jira, HipChat, web and video conferencing. The candidate needs to be comfortable with these tools – but seek face-to-face client interaction wherever possible and pick up the phone to deal with issues, not hide behind email.
The ideal candidate has strong problem solving skills and ability to present his/her solutions to a business orient audience as well as provide specifications to a technical audience.
- At least 3 years working experience
- Previous email marketing account management experience is preferred
- Recent (past 2-3 years) marketing automation super user experience
- Solid B2B marketing experience, preferably with clients in the high-tech, manufacturing, business services sectors
- A strong background working with and transforming marketing data, experience integrating marketing data with CRM is a plus.
- Evidence of a strong academic background – does not have to have marketing specific qualification