Senior Account Manager
It’s time to change the world of marketing – and we’re looking at you
We’re working with some of the world’s most dynamic companies, transforming the way they do marketing from an enabler to a driver of business success. We’re helping organisations to evolve from outdated outbound marketing to a fully measurable inbound engine. And when we say measurement, we mean the real business kind (not the fluffy old school marketing kind).
What we believe
We believe prospects should be engaged the way we’d like to be ourselves. That means two-way conversations rather than one-way communication, using content rather than ‘concepts’ and valuing usefulness over entertainment. We believe that creativity is a means to an end (not the end in itself). And the same goes for strategy.
Who we’re looking for right now
The Senior Account Manager is a member of the Client Services organization, reporting to the EMEA Director, Client Services in our West London (Chiswick) office. They will be a key player within Client Services, managing existing client account relationships and contributing to new business pitches.
With authority and confidence earned over a period of several years in a client facing role managing “the grey areas” of marketing projects, the ideal candidate will be able to show evidence of having blended account management, project management, and strategic decision making.
Their focus will be on helping clients think differently about how digital and telemarketing work in tandem to provide a single, connected conversation. The ideal candidate will value performance-driven marketing, working in a results-driven and creative environment. It is essential that they have a passion for the science – not the fluff – of digital marketing.
The Senior Account Manager should have experience with data-driven email marketing, marketing automation, conversion-centered web design and lead capture, as well as a keen interest in content strategy and an appreciation of the role of paid media, search, and social media for generating customer insight and driving traffic.
Our clients are typically in the information technology, telecoms, business services, manufacturing, and finance sectors so a genuine appetite for the complexities of business-to-business marketing is essential. Familiarity with Sirius Decisions and funnel best practices is a plus.
The Senior Account Manager will need to be an expert in knowing when to involve both internal and third party contractors and suppliers for specialist planning (data, content, IA/UX) and delivery (designers, copywriters, and developers).
We offer a working environment that combines the opportunity and energy of a start-up with the security and resources of an established global company. You’ll be working in a small team, directly with senior consultants, teamed with an Account Director on larger engagements.
The role: day-to-day activities
- Act independently on accounts without the regular involvement of the Account Director, leading internal and client project status calls, reviewing the delivery of assets against briefs and providing feedback to teams involved in the delivery
- Responsible for all aspects of project management including translating client requirements into project and creative briefs, estimating costs and timeframe, managing client budgets, scheduling resources and regular reporting to both client and agency teams
- Manage the client relationship and make sure the right people are engaged in delivering to the client’s requirements, including liaising with creative and technical teams and leading the briefing, management, and review of materials
- Advise clients on strategic initiatives, campaign planning, and content creation, but, essentially, understand when to involve supporting consultants and when to make recommendations themselves
- Recognise when and how to engage key subject matter experts within the broader team to deliver metrics-driven communications strategies, data-driven insights, and insight-driven persuasive communications
- Mentor and/or manage Account Managers and Account Coordinators
The ideal candidate
We want someone who’s energetic and enthusiastic, able to multi-task and work at pace – often independently.
We work a lot by email, Basecamp, instant messaging, web and video conferencing so they need to be comfortable with these tools – but seek face-to-face client interaction wherever possible and pick up the phone to deal with issues, not hide behind email.
- At least 5 years solid B2B marketing experience, preferably digital
- Recent (past 2-3 years) digital agency experience working on blue chip B2B client business
- Previous experience working with marketing automation, email marketing or marketing operations teams is preferred
- Evidence of a strong academic background – does not have to be a marketing-specific qualification
Competitive and commensurate with experience.Apply now